MOTTOLINO FOR BEGINNER SKIERS
What does Mottolino offer for beginner skiers?
First time on the snow? Discover now what you can find at the Mottolino Ski Area in Livigno.
- Ski runs: spot all the blue runs on the maps of the Mottolino Ski Area. Blue runs are the easiest ones in Livigno. Need a tip? Start from the Easy Lift facility, where you can learn the basics of skiing and/or snowboarding. The only one that has ski runs for beginners in Livigno at an altitude of over 2300 m!
- Mottolino cableway: find all the services you need for your day on the snow at the departure point of the main facility of our ski area. We will list them here, but remember that you can buy everything on this website!
- Ski courses: take lessons at one of Mottolino’s partner schools to learn the techniques. Book your lesson on this website or go to one of the offices at the cableway departure point. Remember: book in advance to have more opportunities!
- Ski rental: book the equipment you need – skis, boots, poles, boards – at this link. Everything is in excellent conditions, which is the best if you’re a beginner.
- The skipass: you need a skipass if you want to ski. You can buy it online at this link or at our ticket office at the Mottolino cableway departure point.
- The Yepi track: Livigno’s best runs for children and adults. Besides the normal run, you can try the Yepi track, where you’ll be “challenged” with easy ski jumps and various obstacles that will make your day on the snow super fun!
- The playground: children who start skiing can alternate their lessons with some fun at the playground outside the M'Eating Point lodge, next to the Easy Lift school camp. Inflatables and foam rubber shapes will help children improve their approach to the snow, making it super fun. No tickets required.
- The M'Eating Point lodge: those who will take you to the ski runs can stop at the M'Eating Point lodge. Here, they can see your improvements from one of our halls or send you all their support from the terrace.
The longest blue run of Livigno’s ski area is in Mottolino.
Our ski area features an interesting blue run, which starts from the Valfin chairlifts arrival point and goes down the valley, crossing the ridge of the mountain down to the wood along the “pista degli Amanti” (Lovers ski run). A ski run of over 5 km, perfect for those who are learning to ski but are already familiar with this sport. In fact, to reach the blue run, you need to ski across the ski weg, which passes under the Camanel lodge and arrives to the Valfin chairlift departure point. Moreover, 5 km can be a long distance if you only know how to snowplough =)