Only 23 days left to the opening of the Mottolino ski area in Livigno and we are getting everything perfect before the beginning fo winter, expected to start on November 26th.
Since when summer became an important season for us, with a great movement of bikers on our mountain, the break periods between summer and winter got shorter and shorter, therefore more intense, this is because there are a great amount of things to be done in preparation of a big event: the beginning of the new season.
This is why the “organizational machine” at Mottolino never takes breaks: 12 months a year for a total of 365 days… But let’s take a look at some number which can make you understand better the work that we do everyday non stop to guarantee a wonderful winter season.
- 12: the number of grooming machines, to which we add 1 machin with a crane and 2 with a cabin to transport people;
- 11.500: the total hours of work of the grooming machines in one season;
- 27: the km2 occupied by ski slopes;
- 130: the employees during winter at Mottolino, 15 of who are pisten bully drivers;
- 8.000: the average km that one grooming machine travels during one season;
- 410.000: the cubic meters of water used to produce snow in one season;
- 975.000: the average cubic meters of snow produced in one season.
What do you think? Everytime we look at those number we can’t avoid being impressed… this is why we never get enough of thanking those who work everyday at Mottolino… Because if we can spend great days on the slopes is partly thanks to them.
What are you waiting for? Start the countdown to the beginning of winter 2016/17.